Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Changing gears

So last night I had a really great night. I went with a friend of mine to their Explorer Post meeting. His post focuses on Native American culture. I am hoping that this group is going to help me explore some other craft directions. Tonight I finished a project for a co-worker... Her necklace was broken and too short. So I changed it from two strands to one and also made her a pair of earrings. I really like how they came out...


The dragon scarf is done, butI am not thrilled with the size and shape of the head.. so it will be getting frogged and then I will re-do it with hopefully better porportions......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear you will be doing some frogging in your future. I am making the tilted duster from the lastest interweave knits ya know, and I have to frog over 1/3 of a completed sleeve because there is a significant difference in the colors for both sleeves. one is wayyyy lighter then the other. I feel your pain.

On another note, the necklace an earrings are great! You do super work! Do you sell anything on Etsy?


Oh and lastly, cute honeymoon story! I LOVE Mike Rowe! I mean its near stalkerish lol.

Lavender Brocklehurst said...

I'm also slowly working my way through MS3 - I'm still on Clue 2, but I also joined the Lacy Shawl Yahoo Group, and started the Icelandic Shawl, which is, to me, an easier knit. I hate to frog, but agree that it's better to frog and be happy with the finished product than not to frog and either never finish or never wear what you knit!

BTW, I grew up in Levittown - on Chestnut Lane.

LB