Friday, October 28, 2011

I Need To Be Committed

                I have said those words a thousand times.  Those five words are so easy to say, but have a lot of weight to them.  Time and time again, I have started on my weight loss journey with the best of intentions.  You name the weight loss program and I have probably tried it.  Mostly I have stuck with Weight Watchers.  It seems to be the one that works for me.  There are no restrictions, but I still need to make the right decisions.  Even if I am not actively “on program”, I still have it in the back of my head as something that I should keep in mind. 
                I have found that I do a much better job when I feel like I am accountable to someone besides myself; a buddy, a online group, a challenge.  I think that it is sad that I have found that I don’t care enough about myself to want to do it only for me, but if I feel like I will be letting someone else down, I will make sure to get it done…
                A little victory: Since my restart, I am already down 1.5 pounds!!!  I know that this is the easy part…. But I am still happy to see the scale moving in the right direction.  In my journey already I have found a really really yummy snack in my quest to eat my points. 
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Granola
                2/3 cup Trader Joe’s Country Pumpkin Spice Granola
                2 Tbsp. Dark chocolate mini chocolate chips
Add both ingredients together, mix, and enjoy.   
                The points on this is high – 10 points, but as a way to use up points and get something sweet, it is a great treat!!  This could also be good eaten with milk as a cereal!




iHoodie               On the creative front:  I have finished the hoodie for my iPhone.  I have gotten a lot of comments on it and generally people think that I am very strange!


The current project is a amigurumi of Sailor Moon for a swap that I am doing.  I am really enjoying this pattern.  I think that I could start using this as a base for making other dolls as gifts for people!
     

No comments: