Sunday, October 30, 2011

Powdered Pumpkins!!!

Happy Winter..errrr I mean Fall!
          My church has an annual Pumpkin Patch fundraiser, and i was slated to do a shift yesterday... in the pouring rain, sleet, and snow.  It was a unique opportunity to see orange pumpkins turn white and also to see what kind of crazy people come out during a nor'easter to go pumpkin picking!
   There were some really great positives to the weather during this shift: 1) my children went to go play with their cousins, leaving me to a rare moment or peace, quiet, and aloness.  2) Most of the time was spent in my car, albeit trying to keep warm, but it provided me some solid crafting time.  This alone time allowed me to go from start to finish on a project that needed to be done so that I could send out a swap package.  The swap that I am working on now is a Mystery Color Swap.  You are given a person to create for and a color that they want that item to be.  The person that you are sending to does not know who they will be getting something from.  I am usually late with my packages because life just tends to get in the way.  I am super excited that this package is done and ready to go out in the post!  In researching the person that I am giving to, I discovered that she has two big loves: Pokemon and Sailor Moon.  My choices for creation were easy!!!

I introduce to you: Jigglypuff!! This little guy was SO much fun to crochet and obviously it worked up quickly.







My second creation, which I have been working on for about a week: Sailor Moon!!  She was also great to create.  The detail work at the end was a little tedious, but totally worth it.  The details are what makes it so close to the real thing!

No comments: